Have you made a New Year’s resolution to finally make a career move? Or do you know that you’re unhappy but not sure what to do about it? It may help to get put on the right tunes. Here are some steps you might be stuck in while going through you career change and the right tunes to get you out of the funk.
For your convenience, here is the link to the playlist with the songs in this post on Grooveshark.
Mapping the Road: When You Need Some Self-Reflection
No point in starting to drive if you don’t know where the destination is. Figure out your final stop with these songs.
- Perfect World – Arco
- (Nice Dream) – Radiohead
- The Scientist – Coldplay
- Listen – Beyonce (Dreamgirls Soundtrack)
- Rob Thomas – Someday
Starting the Engine: When You Need to Get the Ball Rolling
Get ready to turn your plans into action!
- Shine – Laura Izibor
- Man in the Mirror – James Morrison (Originally by Michael Jackson)
- Never Going Back to OK – The Afters
- Nothing Left to Lose – Mat Kearney
- Bigger than My Body – John Mayer
Stepping on the Gas: When You Need Momentum
Already in the process of making the moves but need a little increase in your pace? Get ready to crank it up.
- Marchin’ On – OneRepublic
- Hall of Fame – The Script
- I’ll Make a Man Out of You – Mulan Soundtrack
- Defying Gravity – Wicked Soundtrack
- Remember the Name – Fort Minor
- War of My Life – John Mayer
- Vagabond – Wolfmother
- Everybody Loves Me – OneRepublic
Replacing a Flat Tire: When You Face a (Temporary) Setback
“If at first you don’t succeed, dust yourself off and try again”. Kudos if you know which song that is from without looking it up.
- Don’t Let It Break Your Heart – Coldplay
- Everything Will Be Alright – Matt Wertz
- Fix You – Coldplay
- Shake it Out – Florence and the Machine
- Everything’s Not Lost – Coldplay
- Lost – Michael Buble
Reaching Final Destination: When You Achieve Your Goal
You’ve made it! I believe celebrations are in order.
- How Far We’ve Come – Matchbox Twenty
- Dog Days are Over – Florence and the Machine
- Good Life – OneRepublic
What songs help you stay when you’re making your career move?